Pro Football Weekly reports on Andy Buh talking about Niners rookie QB Colin Kaepernick, thinking he’ll be better long term than Andrew Luck when it comes to running the ball.
Andy Buh has a unique perspective on 49ers rookie QB Colin Kaepernick and Stanford passer Andrew Luck, the top QB prospect in college football and a potential No. 1 overall pick. Buh was Stanford’s co-defensive coordinator in 2009, Luck’s first season as a starter, before becoming Nevada’s defensive coordinator and LBs coach. Buh marveled at Kaepernick’s mobility, noting that “he can do all of (the) same things (as Luck) but gain you more than 90 yards per game” on the ground. Intangibles set Luck and Kaepernick apart, Buh said. “Andrew and Colin are both better people than they are quarterbacks, which makes them who they are and why they’re having so much success,” he said. “They’re leaders first and then good quarterbacks second.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on