Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee is reporting that a source claims WR Michael Crabtree has yet to join the group of 49ers who have been regularly working out together since February despite him returning to the Bay Area last week. It’s still early, of course as most of the 49ers, including prominent members like Frank Gore and Vernon Davis, have not been part of that South Bay group.
If there’s a report next week that Crabtree and Alex Smith were seen practicing together on a high school field, all of the current Crabtree angst will be forgotten and we will be singing his praises but the current situation only reinforces the notion that Crabtree is a loner and not a team player. At this point, there is little doubt that Smith is the frontrunner to be the team’s starting quarterback in 2011. Getting together and developing chemistry seems like a no brainer.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on