The Sacramento Bee reports that as of now, the Niners are not slated to have any team practices like other teams the Rams, Raiders and Skins.
The 49ers players say that they plan to hold more extensive practices sessions like the Rams, Raiders and Redskins are having as the offseason goes on but there is nothing imminent. One of the obstacles is that the Bay Area is an expensive place to live and that many of the players choose to live elsewhere in the offseason. Another is that the two players in the most prominent leadership positions — the starting quarterback and the players’ representative — technically aren’t part of the team. Alex Smith and Takeo Spikes are both likely to re-sign with the 49ers when the lockout is lifted, but both are currently unrestricted free agents. Furthermore, Spikes lives in the Atlanta area.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on