Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports based on their offseason, the 49ers will be among the teams dealing with the steepest learning curves once the NFL returns to action.
The team has a new coaching staff. It will be installing a new offense and defense. And it could be missing key elements at quarterback, center and nose tackle — Alex Smith, David Baas and Aubrayo Franklin are unrestricted free agents — when the offseason finally gets underway.
49ers coach Harbaugh said that the 49ers coaches have created several contingency plans based on how long they have between the end of the lockout and the first regular-season game. He said it ranged from 10 days to several months. Once the lockout is over, the 49ers will roll with one of their plans. Of course, longer is better.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on