Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois, 6’1 230
Position Ranking: #2
Strengths: Ideal combination of size, quickness, and playing speed for the position. Shows very good foot quickness in space and in the small areas; shook and juked defenders with his footwork and bounce. A multiple cut runner that regularly made defenders miss at the second level; much better than other running backs with similar size. Quick to hit the line of scrimmage with burst and power as he releases out. Good vision and feels the second level defenders; knows when to head straight up or take it outside.
Very well balanced and smooth in and out of his cuts; sharply hits the cutback lane and transitions his weight and speed when bouncing plays outside. Gets to top speed quickly and separates from linebackers. Runs with good pad level and consistently falls forward. A reliable pass catcher when asked and can be dangerous out in the flat and on flares. Willing in pass protection with the size to take on linebackers. Showed he could handle a heavy workload.
Click HERE to Read More
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on