Middle Tennessee State running back Phillip Tanner ran the 40-yard dash in 4.55 seconds today at his campus Pro Day workout, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation. The 5-foot-10, 208-pounder also posted a 36-inch vertical leap and a 10-3 broad jump.
Among the teams attending the workout: the Titans, Texans, Ravens, Chargers, Browns, Raiders, 49ers and the Buccaneers. Tanner is regarded as a later round possibility for teams. Tanner has versatility with the ability to play wide receiver and return kicks. So, he could provide value for a team looking to save a roster spot.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on