Matt Barrows of the Sac Bee has an interesting piece out about the whole Jim Harbaugh-Alex Smith deal, and how as of now it’s simply a marriage of convenience:
You know that tired, old scene you see in sit-coms and romantic comedies? It’s the one where two close friends — one male, the other female – are having trouble finding love. So one says to the other: I tell you what, if neither of us are married by the time we’re 40, let’s marry each other.
You might think of the Alex Smith-Jim Harbaugh relationship in those terms. At the end of the day — or rather the end of the offseason — each may find the other as his best option. Is it true love? No, but it’s practical, and that’s probably the best word to describe the recent wooing of Alexander D. Smith. Consider it a marriage of convenience.
Click HERE to read the rest
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on