The hottest coaching candidate out there is talking to the 49ers today, as sources Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN report the Niners are talking today with Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh at undisclosed location away from team’s facility.
Harbaugh, who led his team to a win in the Orange Bowl the other night, has been linked to the Niners from the minute after the team canned Mike Singletary.
There was talk about Harbaugh going to Michigan, who fired Rich Rodriguez on Wednesday, but there’s also talk that won’t happen, as Harbaugh wasn’t happy they didn’t hire him when they brought Rodriguez in.
The 49ers announced Trent Baalke as their new general manager Tuesday night and he is now looking for the coach to replace Singletary, who was canned following a 25-17 loss at St. Louis back December 26th that eliminated San Francisco from the playoffs for an eighth straight season.
If Harbuagh can’t be lured to the Niners, he will have offers elsewhere, and he can pretty much call his shot in terms of having a head coaching job in the NFL if he wants in 2011.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on