The leader of the 1-6 Niners was hurt on a third-quarter sack and had his non-throwing arm in a sling Monday afternoon. He is waiting to hear if he will be able to play Sunday against the Broncos at Wembley Stadium.
The 49ers (1-6) flew to London from Charlotte after losing to the formerly winless Panthers 23-20. “I’m not a doctor, so we’ll have to wait and see,” Smith said.
Smith completed 9 of 19 passes for 129 yards, one touchdown and no turnovers. He was hurt when a mix-up on protection allowed Charles Johnson to come in and tackle him on the blind side, driving his shoulder into the turf.
Smith was still in pain and had not slept much since the team flew to London overnight.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on