The 0-5 49ers used their priority standing on the waiver wire to claim safety C.J. Spillman off waivers from the San Diego Chargers, Adam Caplan of FOXSports.com reports.
A second-year undrafted free agent from Marshall, the 6-0, 190-pound Spillman totaled 13 tackles in five games, including one start, as a rookie and has a team-high six special teams tackles through five games in 2010.
Spillman was likely scapegoated for multiple special teams breakdowns the Chargers have had this season, including a 46-yard punt return by Oakland’s Nick Miller in Sunday’s 35-27 loss to the Raiders.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on