Matt Maiocco reports via Twitter that 49ers nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin has signed his franchise tender. Franklin has stayed away from training camp hoping to work out a long-term contract extension. The seven-year veteran will now play under the $7 million franchise tag this season.
Coach Mike Singletary has said he is not worried about what kind of shape Franklin will be in, knowing the veteran will arrive ready to play football. Since joining the 49ersas a free agent before the 2007 season, Franklin (6-1, 334) has started 44 of 46 games, totaling 108 tackles, 3 quarterback sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and an interception.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on