Matt Maiocco over at CSNBayArea.com reports that linebacker Manny Lawson has added some weight this offseason – 26 pounds of “good muscle” that will help him be even better in the 2010 season.
When last season ended, Lawson weighed 230 pounds, he said. Through his determined program, Lawson got up to 256 pounds before reporting to camp. That’s right, he put on 26 good pounds.
“Constantly eating, eating right . . . getting in all my meals with a lot of protein,” Lawson said. “And weight-lifting. That’s how I keep most of my weight, lifting weights continuously.”
Currently, Lawson’s weight is between 245 and 250 pounds, he said. Already known as solid against the run and exceptional in pass coverage, Lawson also led the 49ers with 6 1/2 sacks last season. He figures the increased strength will serve him well in every aspect of his game.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on