David White of the San Francisco Chronicle reports 49ers nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin is expected to sign his franchise tender after Saturday’s third preseason game according to one team official. Franklin has recorded 291 tackles, four sacks, one interception and three forced fumbles in his seven-year NFL career, while with the Baltimore Ravens and 49ers.
If anyone has benefited from nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin’s refusal to sign his franchise-tag contract, it’s Ricky Jean Francois. If nothing else, Franklin now has a much-improved backup. “He’s been trying to fill some big shoes, but he’s doing one heck of a job,” Lawson said. “Now we can take the handcuffs off and stop giving him baby steps and let him out there and play.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on