The roster shuffling for the 49ers continued on Wednesday, as the team decided to part ways with wide out Brandon Jones, this after one forgettable season with San Fran. He still walks away a rich man, leaving with a $5.4 million dollar bonus from when he inked with the club last season.
Two days after trading former first-round draft pick Kentwan Balmer to Seattle, the 49ers have parted ways with last-year’s most expensive free-agent acquisition. The team waived receiver Brandon Jones, who fell to the bottom of the depth chart last year after breaking a shoulder and was never able to climb back up. Jones missed several spring practices with an ankle sprain and had been dealing with a hamstring strain in training camp. He returned from that injury yesterday. Jones signed a five-year $16.5 million contract — including a $5.4 million signing bonus — last year, and the 49ers’ front office hoped he would become the deep threat they had lacked in previous seasons.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on