More bad news from an injury standpoint for the Niners, as return man Kyle Williams is going to miss several weeks with a sprained toe.
Just when the 49ers seemed to solve their return woes, their big-play plans must be temporarily placed on the shelf. Rookie returner Kyle Williams will miss “several weeks” with a sprained big toe, coach Mike Singletary said one day after Sunday’s 37-27 exhibition victory at Indianapolis. That doesn’t mean Williams will be back in several weeks; merely that he will be re-evaluated at that point. Until then, Ted Ginn Jr. is the front-runner on both kickoff and punt returns. Williams was injured on a 36-yard punt return against the Colts – double any distance recorded by the 49ers last season.
Follow Matt Loede on twitter.com @mattnflgg.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on