CSN reports that the Niners are looking to get at least $960,000 from Kentwan Balmer, a guy who continues to stay away from camp:
The 49ers will seek to recoup at least $960,000 from absent defensive lineman Kentwan Balmer, a first-round draft choice in 2008, a league source told Comcast SportsNet on Thursday. The 49ers declined comment, but have said they are following standard NFL procedure in dealing with a player who has left the team. Balmer’s agent, Gary Wichard, did not respond to multiple messages. The NFL granted the 49ers a roster exemption for Balmer, which they filled Thursday afternoon with the signing of rookie free agent defensive lineman Will Tukuafu of Oregon. Tukuafu spent time this offseason with the Seattle Seahawks. Meanwhile, Balmer’s time with the 49ers appears to be coming to an end.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on