The Newark Star-Ledger talks about first round pick Anthony Davis, and how he is looking to stay with the first team and be a starter from day one:
One week of training camp with the San Francisco 49ers has been enough for Anthony Davis to establish himself as the team’s starting right tackle. That was the plan all along when the 49ers traded up in the draft this spring to take Davis with the No. 11 overall selection. As the team took a break from the summer grind Sunday with one brief walkthrough in shorts, the rookie from Rutgers is already ahead of schedule. “I never thought about not being able to do it,” Davis said. “You have to go in with that mindset because it’s rough in there. My goal is to get better and make progress every day.” Davis has gradually been worked in with the first-team offense since San Francisco began practice Aug. 1. His work at right tackle increased as the week progressed to the point Davis spent both of Saturday’s practice sessions with the first team ahead of incumbent Adam Snyder.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on