ESPN NFC West Blogger Mike Sando has just reported that Scot McLoughan has been hired to a “senior personnel” position with the Seattle Seahawks. As many of you may remember, McLoughan was with the Seahawks before he joined the San Francisco 49ers in 2005. Nearly three months ago, the 49ers let go of McLoughan for reasons that remain unclear even today.
At first, I was sceptical of the move to let go of McLoughan. The 49ers were only a month away from the draft and at the time, it seemed that they had no sense of direction. Since, Trent Baalke has done a fabulous job in taking over the team and has even been promoted to Vice President of Player Personnel. The 49ers had a solid draft and have signed Patrick Willis until the 2016 season.
Obviously McLoughan will not see any action on the field, but as always, things should be interesting when the 49ers and Seahawks line up against each other during the 2010 season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on