According to authorities, San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald was arrested Saturday night in San Mateo County on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Lt. Ray Lunny of the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office said McDonald was apprehended just before 8PM and released on bail at 9:39 p.m. McDonald is scheduled to appear in court July 22.
“The 49ers are aware of the recent matter involving Ray McDonald,” a 49ers spokesman wrote in a statement to Comcast SportsNet. “Ray informed the organization of the situation immediately Saturday evening.”
“We take these issues very seriously, but will reserve further comment at this time, as this is an ongoing legal matter. The 49ers will continue to gather the facts and monitor the developments closely.”
The NFL star hasn’t had any history of off-field problems prior to this event.
McDonald, who is entering his fourth NFL season, was a third-round draft pick of the 49ers in 2007. He recorded 29 tackles and three sacks while playing in all 16 games last season as a defensive tackle in pass-rush situations.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on