1970 (2nd first round pick)
With the 17th pick in the 1970 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers selected Bruce Taylor, cornerback, out of Boston College. Taylor would go on to play all of his eight seasons with the 49ers, winning the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Year and an All-Pro selection in 1970. The following season, the 6-foot, 184 pound cornerback would make the NFC Pro-Bowl team. The accolades would end there as he would not receive any more awards during the rest of his career. In his 8 seasons, Taylor recorded 18 interceptions. Taylor would score two touchdowns in his career; the first one on a missed field goal in 1970, and the second on a blocked field goal in 1971.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on