With the 9th pick in the 1961 NFL Draft, the 49ers selected Bowling Green State University wide receiver Bernard Terry “Bernie“ Casey. This was the second of three picks in the first round of the 1961 draft. Casey played for 8 seasons in the NFL, six of them with the 49ers and the other 2 with the Los Angeles Rams. In his time with the 49ers, Casey collected 277 passes for 4008 yards and 27 touchdowns. He also enjoyed some success with the Rams, as he made his only Pro-Bowl appearance while being a member of that team. After retiring in 1968, Casey pursued an acting career. He has since appeared in numerous films.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on