With the 11th pick in the 1960 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers selected Montford Anthony “Monty” Stickles, tight end, out of the University of Notre Dame. Stickles, would go on to spend 8 of his 9 seasons with the 49ers. Stickles totalled 207 receptions for 2,993 yards and 14 touchdowns during his days with the team. His best season with the team was his second season, when he caught 43 passes for 794 yards along with 5 touchdowns. After his playing days, Stickles did some color commentating for the Oakland Raiders. Stickles passed away in September 2006.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on