With the 11th pick of the 1954 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers selected Bernie Faloney, halfback, out of the University of Maryland. However, this pick was an absolute WASTE. Faloney did not play a down for the 49ers and I would be surprised if he ever even made his way to San Francisco one way or another. The 49ers offered Faloney $9000 to play defensive back and back-up quarterback. However, he was lured to play in the CFL when the Edmonton Eskimos offered him $12500. It seems that the 1954 NFL Draft was a weak one, as only Raymond Berry, a wide receiver selected in the 20th round would be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on