The 49ers may have a GM role to fill, as Matt Maicco of the Press Democrat says that GM Scot McCloughan is thinking about walking away from the position after just one full season as the teams GM. Maicco said the following on his Twitter about the GM:
GM Scot McCloughan is considering stepping down, sources say. McCloughan and team given three hours to respond to what I’ve learned.
It’s an interesting turn of events, as yesterday Matt Barrows of the Sac Bee had the following about the GM from his agent and the fact he would not be stepping down:
“Scot McCloughan is not resigning as general manger of the San Francisco 49ers,” Peter Schaffer said in a brief telephone conversation. Schaffer said he had spoken to McCloughan five minutes earlier.
So I guess it depends on what source is true and what is going to happen. If McCloughan does walk away, it ends a short time at the spot, as he took over the role on January 2nd, 2008, after serving as the team’s Vice President of Player Personnel since February of 2005.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on