Niners LB Patrick Willis is on crutches, as he underwent surgery last week on his knee:
All-Pro 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis is getting around on crutches following surgery last week on his right knee. Willis underwent a bursectomy – the removal of a bursa sac in his knee, the 49ers confirmed today.
Willis did not play in the Pro Bowl after experiencing swelling in his right knee due to a case of bursitis. Willis has played in all 48 games in his three-year career.
There is no structural problem with Willis’ knee, but the 49ers will adjust his offseason workout regimen to best accommodate his rehabilitation from the relatively “minor” surgery.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on