The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that the Niners are giving QB Shaun Hill a chance to seek a trade:
The 49ers have given backup quarterback Shaun Hill permission to seek a trade, said a source late Thursday, just days after the club reached a contract agreement with free-agent David Carr to take Hill’s place on the depth chart. Hill does not appear to fit into the 49ers’ plans after the club agreed to terms with Carr on a two-year, $6.25 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus. The 49ers now appear set with Carr, Alex Smith and Nate Davis as their three quarterbacks. The source said the 49ers might be waiting on the return of Carr’s signed contract before making any move with Hill. In giving Hill permission to seek a trade, he is allowed to speak with teams around the league to begin the process of finding a new team – either through a trade or as a free agent, if the 49ers release him.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on