DT Justin Smith has been added to the NFL Pro Bowl roster in place of injured Kevin Williams of Minnesota. The Niners made the announcement Tuesday that Smith would play in his first Pro Bowl. Smith is the fifth 49ers player on the roster, joining running back Frank Gore, tight end Vernon Davis, linebacker Patrick Willis and punter Andy Lee. Gore was also a replacement pick.
These are the most Pro Bowlers for the Niners since the team had six in 2002.
Smith started all 16 games for the 49ers this season and ranked second on the team with six sacks. He had 90 tackles, 78 quarterback pressures and 52 quarterback hits.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on