The SF Chronicle reports that the team has inked PK Ricky Schmitt:
With a strained left hamstring sidelining Joe Nedney for Sunday’s game against Detroit, the 49ers signed a fellow left-footed kicker Wednesday to replace him in Ricky Schmitt, who has never kicked in a regular-season NFL game. “I can’t wait,” Schmitt said of the prospect of playing in an NFL game. “I always held out hope. It’s good to be back here in San Francisco.” Schmitt signed a one-year contract for the rookie minimum of $310,000. He’ll receive at least one game check for about $18,000, pre-tax. “I had $11 in my bank account before I got out here,” he said.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on