Strong safety Michael Lewis has sustained his second concussion in 11 days and will be evaluated this week before he can return to the field. Lewis, who has played sparingly this preseason because of injuries, took a knee to the helmet in the first quarter of San Francisco’s 20-13 win at Dallas on Saturday night.
A Pro Bowler in 2004 with the Eagles, Lewis also suffered a concussion during a joint practice with the Oakland Raiders on August 18th. Coach Mike Singletary said that Lewis had been “100 percent cleared” to return to action for the Cowboys game. His latest injury is unrelated to the earlier concussion, Singletary said Sunday.
Lewis also missed extensive time this spring with an abdominal injury. He is a key performer in San Francisco’s 3-4 defensive scheme, recording 257 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks and two interceptions over the past two seasons.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on