Matt Maiocco of the Press Democrat reports that the Niners will be going w/ Shaun Hill at the starting QB spot on Friday night:
Coach Mike Singletary announced Shaun Hill will start the game. The smart money was on Hill to start this game all along. After all, he is the guy who finished last season as the starter and he opened training camp taking the first-team reps.
This does not mean anything, though. Don’t read into this that Hill leads the competition. Alex Smith will also get a chance to work Friday night with the first-team offensive line, as Singletary said it’s only fair. Also, Smith will likely start next week’s game against the Raiders.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on