Pro Football Weekly reports the latest on the injury to wide out Brandon Jones:
Although 49ers WR Brandon Jones was originally set to miss only a couple weeks after injuring his shoulder during Thursday’s practice, head coach Mike Singletary said Friday that Jones is more likely to be out for eight weeks with a fracture in his right shoulder.
Jones, 26, was having a very productive training camp and looked to be carving out a sizable role in the offense before hurting his shoulder Thursday while diving for a ball. If the eight-week timetable is accurate, Jones wouldn’t be available to return until Week Four of the regular season at the earliest.
Spending the first four years of his career with the Titans, Jones joined the Niners as a free agent this offseason, signing a five-year, $16.5 million contract. He’s played in 51 games, starting 27, and has 112 catches for 1,380 yards and nine TDs.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on