Dan Wetzel over at Yahoo! Sports reports on Niners first-round pick Michael Crabtree, and how there’s a crazy notion now that he might just sit out the season and re-enter the draft next year if the Niners don’t give him what he wants – a lot of money.
“We are prepared to do it,” David Wells, a cousin of Crabtree, told ESPN. “Michael just wants fair market value. Michael is one of the best players in the draft, and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players.”
The big issue seems to be that Crabtree, who fell to the Niners at number 10 in April, wants more cash than what the Raiders paid to their first-round pick, wide out Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was the seventh overall pick.
Sure Crabtree was slated to be drafted higher than Heyward-Bey, but at the same time, he wasn’t, and he really needs to get in camp and show his skills.
To read the rest of Wetzel’s column, click HERE.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on