Santa Clara city leaders will have some more things to think about as they consider a new stadium for the 49ers.
A draft environmental report says a proposed 68,500-seat stadium in Santa Clara for the 49ers would significantly increase traffic, noise and air pollution on game days and during other events.
The report was posted to the Santa Clara city Web site Thursday. It recommends officials encourage fans and stadium workers to use public transportation. The report also recommends limits on tailgating.
The Santa Clara City Council must approve the environmental report before a referendum on a new stadium can be put to a public vote. City officials are aiming for a vote next year.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on