Sounds like Mike Singletary is getting set to run the Niners hard during his first training camp in 2009:
49ers coach Mike Singletary will ensure his players don’t forget how much hard work is required. The team’s spring practices often resembled an Army boot camp with Singletary, the tough-love sergeant, patrolling the field and egging on his players. Training camp under Singletary promises to be tougher.
He’s already built a hill on one side of the team’s practice field he’s dubbed “Pain,” and the coach plans on calling for a few Oklahoma drills – physical one-on-one battles between offensive and defensive players – to set the tone. “I’m very excited,” Singletary said. “I’ve got my notes. I know who plays fast. I know who moves fast. I know who knows where they’re going. I want to see who has the desire, who has the heart to be a champion. We’ll find out fairly quickly.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on