ProFootballWeekly.com reports that the Niners signed two draft picks today, the first two picks of the 2009 NFL Draft to sign:
The 49ers signed two of their draft choices Thursday, as they became the first draft picks in the league to sign contracts since No. 1 overall selection Matthew Stafford signed with Detroit prior to the draft. The Niners signed LB Scott McKillop, a fifth-round pick, and DE Ricky Jean-Francois, a seventh-rounder, to four-year contracts. “It says a lot about these young men that they have made it a priority to get their contract negotiations out of the way early,” said 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan. The 49ers have five other draft choices remaining to be signed, including their first-round selection, WR Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on