No time is too early to start the 49ers’ seemingly annual quarterback competition – not even a few hours into the first day of the first minicamp of Singletary’s tenure. With the first game of 2009 still more than five months away, Singletary has begun evaluating whether Alex Smith, Shaun Hill, Damon Huard or a yet-to-be-signed-or-drafted passer will be his starter in the fall.
Finding an additional candidate seems possible, although the Niners seem less interested in Jay Cutler than they were in Kurt Warner, who spurned their overtures two weeks ago. “I just feel very fortunate to have both of them on this team and under contract,” Singletary said Friday. “It’s a matter of us as coaches picking the right one at that point in time.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on