While there’s no doubt they should have, reports say that the Niners did NOT offer a contract to Cardinals free agent QB Kurt Warner. The SF Chronicle has the story:
The 49ers said no offer was made to Kurt Warner while the player’s agent said a “concept” was arrived at during his visit with the team. “We have a concept in mind that both of us are comfortable with,” Mark Bartelstein said. “He was tremendously impressed with the 49ers. You couldn’t be more impressed with their presentation. The 49ers were sensational. “Kurt has a tough decision to make in the next day or two.”
Warner since visiting the team has proposed a two-year deal to the Cardinals at a reported $23 million, which is about $3 mil over what the Cards want to pay him. Word though is that the Cards likely will cave in, and a deal is expected to be done by the weekend.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on