Today’s SF Chronicle is reporting that the 49’ers may dump a couple players – tackle Jonas Jennings and CB Shawntae Spencer. Here is the report from today’s paper:
With a base salary of $4.2 million and a cap figure of $6.592 million for 2009, it’s hard to see 49ers tackle Jonas Jennings returning, given his long history of assorted injuries. Cornerback Shawntae Spencer might be seen as a salary liability for 2009 as well, considering he’s due a $500,000 roster bonus and carries a cap figure of $3.47 million. Plus, he’s coming off an injury and is no longer a starter.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on