Sounds like the 49’ers are thinking about a two-back set for the 2009 season, as GM Scot McCloughan threw out an interesting quote recently on 49ers.com about having two big backs for the offense.
“A two running back system will work. I think nowadays you have to have that type of system in the NFL, especially with our approach on offense – being a physical running team. You don’t just need a change of pace guy, but you need two backs that can have production.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on