From: Pro Football Talk.com
The 49ers offered former Rams coach Scott Linehan a job as their offensive coordinator Thursday night, according to sources who reported the news to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. Linehan had flown to San Francisco earlier on Thursday for a second interview with the team. Per Maiocco, he was going to meet with his family before informing the team of his decision.
Linehan has a connection to two potential 49ers quarterbacks, Shaun Hill was on the Vikings roster all three years that Linehan was the team’s offensive coordinator and he worked for Alex Smith’s uncle John L. Smith at Idaho and Louisville, Miami had the second pick in the draft when Smith went first overall to the Niners, and Linehan coveted Smith. “I (didn’t) make the pick, but I was hoping,” Linehan said in 2007 before the Rams faced the 49ers. “I had a pretty good idea that San Francisco was going to take him. And now we have to play against the turkey.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on