In a tribute to the facial fuzz that was, members of the San Francisco 49ers are growing mustaches for Sunday’s season finale against the Washington Redskins. The Niners will be wearing their throwback uniforms on Sunday, and members of the team have been inspired by photos of the team’s greats — many of them sporting facial hair — displayed at the team’s facility in Santa Clara, Calif.
“Today is Mustache Monday,” QB Shaun Hill said of the effort, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. “It’s for the throwback game. Every day we go to meetings and we go by these beautiful pictures and we admire these guys’ mustaches.” According to the report, the team’s facial hair gallery of greatness includes Kevin Fagan, Mel Phillips, Roger Craig, Ray Wersching, Keith Fahnhorst, Jerry Rice, Jimmy Johnson, the late John Ayers and Randy Cross.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on