The 49ers signed a player Wednesday, but it wasn’t practice squad running back Thomas Clayton. Running back Carl Steward (6-1, 230), a former Buccaneer and Auburn Tiger was signed to the practice squad, which could free up Clayton to move to the active roster if Frank Gore’s injured left ankle won’t allow him to play Sunday in Miami. Gore didn’t practice Wednesday and probably won’t practice for the rest of the week and Coach Mike Singletary indicated a decision might not be made until Sunday, and he said Clayton would make the trip to Florida in case he needs him for a last-minute call up, but for now, DeShaun Foster is taking most of the turns in practice at running back.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on