While the season is already over for 49’ers QB and former first pick of the draft Alex Smith, the QB had shoulder surgery on Thursday according to ProFootballTalk.com. The site says that per the Sacramento Bee, Dr.James Andrews did the surgery in Alabama. Andrews also did the surgery on Smith’s shoulder in December. The surgery this past Thursday included removing a piece of bone and a piece of the wire suture that was inserted during the December surgery. Smith is expected to make a full recovery, and should re-gain full motion in the shoulder.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on