49ers general manager Scot McCloughan introduced interim head coach Mike Singletary at a press conference on Tuesday. Singletary takes over for Mike Nolan, who was fired on Monday after guiding the team to just a 2-and-5 record this season. McCloughan said Nolan just wasn’t producing the results on the field.
The ‘Niners have lost four in-a-row to fall to 18-and-37 overall under Nolan. Nolan’s best season was a 7-and-9 mark in 2006. Singletary is in his fourth year with the 49ers and was a 10-time Pro Bowl linebacker with the Chicago Bears. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1998. San Francisco hosts the 1-and-5 Seattle Seahawks this Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on