Looking at the end-of-game statistics in Sunday’s 40-26 loss to the Eagles, the 49ers finally won the time of possession battled, 33:19 to Philly’s 26:41, but fell short in several other areas.
Again, turnovers played a vital role in a 49ers loss. Quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan turned the ball over three times – all in the fourth quarter — giving him 12 turnovers (eight interceptions, four lost fumbles) in just six games. Needless to say, O’Sullivan has to improve his ball security or he will continuously directly contribute to the 49ers losing.
Additionally, the 49ers were just 2-for-12 on third down, including a 0-for-5 figure in the devastating fourth quarter in which the Eagles outscored the 49ers 23-0.
Tim Purdy of the San Jose Mercury News says the 49ers don’t have any answers.
Tim Kawakami of Mercury News says Mike Nolan has no idea what he’s doing as 49ers head coach.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on