The career of former first overall pick Alex Smith of the 49’ers is already in doubt, but it may be even more today as there is a report that he has a fracture in his shoulder. The Sacramento Bee is reporting it’s a fracture of the coracoid process, which is a bone in the shoulder.
The story is its a bone that is rarely broken, and is usually corrected with surgery and the insertion of pins. Now remember that Smith first hurt the shoulder simply throwing, which leads one to believe that he had a pre-existing condition that flared up recently.
No matter, J.T. O’Sullivan is already the starter for the Niners, and Smith simply can have the surgery if he chooses, and the backup job can go to Shaun Hill.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on