This is the third year in a row in which the 49ers and Cardinals will open their season together. The Niners lost in 2006, 34-27, but won the 2007 opener, 20-17. Both teams are basically in the same position as those first two season debuts – well on the outside looking in on the playoffs. Only this year, the expectations aren’t quite as high as it was for the ’07 49ers or the ’06 Cardinals.
The 49ers are as healthy as can be heading into tomorrow’s game.
Extra special attention has been paid to securing blocking on the interior of the offensive line.
Bryant Johnson would the help the Niners with their game plan against his former team if he could still remember their playbook. There is also word that Mike Nolan is still deciding between Johnson and rookie Josh Morgan for the starting split end spot.
The Niners have been protecting their players more often in practice this week in an effort to be as healthy as possible for tomorrow. Nolan also hasn’t decided whether Takeo Spikes or Jeff Ulbrich will start at inside linebacker.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on