Who will start for the Niners at QB in preseason game two remains a mystery, but the fact remains that Shaun Hill continues to get less and less work in practice. Tuesday he was again a bystander during drills taken by J.T. O’Sullivan and Alex Smith. Coach Mike Nolan remains steadfast in saying it’s a three-QB race to see who the starter will be, but right now the ball is clearly in the court of O’Sullivan, as he seems to have come out of nowhere to have the lead in the race. He took first-team snaps for the 6th straight practice. It would be quite a fall for Hill if he starts the season as the 3rd QB, as many felt in the offseason after he signed his new deal that he would be out Smith to be the teams starter.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on