The 49ers have signed free-agent lineback Takeo Spikes to a one-year contract. Terms of the deal were not announced. The 6-foot-2, 242-pound Spikes, who was released by the Philadelphia Eagles in March, is entering his 11th NFL season after originally being taken with the 13th overall pick in the first round of the 1998 Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals. A two-time Pro Bowler, the 31-year old Spikes has started 139 of the 140 games he has played in.
He has recorded 1,177 tackles, 22-and-a-half sacks, 12 interceptions, 15 fumble recoveries and 11 forced fumbles in his career. In his only season with the Eagles in 2007, Spikes ranked second on the team with 139 tackles to go along with one sack. Spikes also spent four years with the Buffalo Bills (2003-06).
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on