Making sure yesterday’s decision was not an indication of who’ll begin the regular season at quarterback, head coach Mike Nolan announced that UC Davis’ J.T. O’Sullivan will get the start for the 49ers in the preseason opener tomorrow evening against the Oakland Raiders. Nolan said on the team’s web-site that he expects O’Sullivan will play at least through the first quarter and possibly into the second. Alex Smith will play the remainder of the half and at the start of the third quarter with Shaun Hill finishing out the game. “I’m excited about all three of them. They’ve done a very good job,” Nolan said. “I’m not in a position to name a starter for the season. We are taking it one day at a time.” Kickoff between the 49ers and Raiders on Friday from McAfee Coliseum is set for seven p.m.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on